Anthony Keith Architects are working on the moderisation and complete refurbishment of the 3 main council buildings. 1910 “Edwardian Baroque” Grade II Listed building (Old Town Hall), 1960s Block (Beach Road Annex), 1980s 4 Storey Block (Broughton Road Annex).
The Scheme is to alter and refurbish the existing Town Hall, to create a modern, bright, open working environment to accommodate various teams and services, some to be relocated from satellite offices. The works to the 1960s and 1980s blocks is now complete and occupied
The next phase will involve the complete refurbishment of the 1910 Old Town Hall and works are due to progress shortly.
The existing flat roof to the 1960s Block has been removed and replaced with a new single ply system and additional insulation. The building has also been fitted with new windows, roof lights and curtain walling all to match the style of the original building.
The 1980s block has been fitted with new external louvres to address the lack of ventilation and overheating together with solar film to the windows. A new entrance has also been created to the newly located Café Area complete with a canopy.